The beautiful leaves changed.
Sadly, our neighbor and friend, Penny, moved. Plus, we passed 24,000 miles on our van. They add up fast.
2 of my crazy boys posed for me.
The kids made chocolate pilgrim hats for a pack meeting and we delivered them to lonely seniors. That was rewarding; we need to do service more.
Makayla entered Reflections and took a photo of our cat, Fat Gus, which ended up winning the chance to move on to district. Here is what she wrote about him:
Fat Gus is my Hero because he comforts me. When Aunt Christie passed away, I was depressed. Fat Gus jumped on my bed and sat nearby. He nuzzled me and made my sad feeling disappear. My cat plays peek-a-boo with me. I show him my face behind a chair. He is hyper and swats me, which makes me laugh. He sleeps on my night every night out of 4 beds! I love him. He is my hero because he makes my life better every day. We could all learn from Fat Gus to be more kind and loving towards others.
We started checking in to orthodontists for Makayla's mouth. Her teeth are a real mess. She even has to get a surgery to let one of her crooked upper teeth come through. We are still deciding between a few doctors.
We had a real nice dinner.
We played ping pong for hours. I taught them the game Round Robin. We had fun! And I saw a recipe from Christie and snapped a picture because I love that girl so much. Her personality shines even in a recipe card.
We checked out Christie's new headstone.
And this tired boy wrote things he is thankful for: Church, games, places, table, house, car, food, technology games, plane. I took samples of his writing because we are looking into getting him tested at school to see if he needs extra help in handwriting. Lincoln is as sharp as a tack, but his delivery (written expression) is sub par. Who knows!



































No comments:
Post a Comment