Monday, August 14, 2017

Sterling's Baptism

We went to Draper Temple to take some photos of Sterling for his baptism. One of his top primary songs is "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission."

 I hope they call me on a mission.

When I have grown a foot or two.

I hope by then I will be ready.

 To teach and preach and work as missionaries do.

 I hope that I can share the gospel.

 With those who want to know the truth.

 I want to be a missionary.

 And serve and help the Lord,

 While I am in my youth.

 Sterling- Your mom and dad both hope that you are a missionary!

When you have grown a foot or two!

Sterling's baptism was on Saturday, August 5th.

Our family.

Siblings.

Dad and Sterling.

Mom and Sterling.

Parents and Sterling.

The program.

Our main star.  I was asked to introduce Sterling to the audience.  Here are things I said:

  • Sterling Baker Paxton got his middle name "Baker" from both sides of the family.  On his dad's side, he had a Grandpa Baker Paxton and on his mom's side, he had a Grandpa Pearly Baker.  
  • Nicknames are 'Sters' and 'Sterly'
  • Born June 23, 2009
  • Is in 3rd grade
  • Has 1 younger brother, Lincoln
  • Has 1 older sister, Makayla
  • Is the middle child
  • Favorite color is blue
  • Favorite dessert is lemon meringue pie
  • Best sport to play is tennis
  • Has 2 cats: Gizmo and Rosco
  • And a tank full of fish
  • Favorite candy bar is 3 Musketeers
  • Favorite food is pizza
  • Best summer activities are camping and watersliding
  • Best school subjects are math and lunch
  • Also enjoys rollerblading and plays a computer game with dad called 'Red Alert'
  • He is a happy child, likes to snuggle, gives and gets hugs often
  • He is kind to our cats and fiercely protects them
  • He is a people person
  • When he grows up, we see him being a politician or in student government
  • His favorite scripture story is Joseph Smith's First Vision
  • He would like to go on a mission to Peru, like his dad did
  • Favorite primary songs are "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission" and "Gethsemane"
  • He can be a good example to his friends be being nice to them.
  • In Sterling's own words, he knows Jesus loves him, "Because He answers a lot of my prayers, to find things, like toys."

His baptism went well.  Here are family who supported us:
The Bjarnson side.

Bjarnson cousins.

The Paxton side.

Paxton's with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Bob.

Another photo of Bjarnson's with Uncles Ben and Danny added.

We ordered 12 best pepperoni pizzas from Little Caesar's Pizza.  Best decision ever! Made lunch a cinch.  We also had salad, watermelon, and veggies with dip.  Dessert was cookies and cupcakes. Drinks were lemonade and water.

The games were popular.

Ben and Rachel snoozed.

Uncle Ron, Grandpa Marv, and Aunt Lisa visited.

Vickie's brother Bob and wife Joe were in town from Missouri. Maisy's family came from Maryland. And the Paxton's all drove up from Cedar City.  We felt much love and support from family.

Sterling got cards and a tie tac.  His grandparents on both sides gave him nice engraved scriptures with his name and a case.

Congratulations Sterling! We are proud of your choice to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  We know you will have a happy life if you stick with the church and follow the commandments. We love you son! Love, Mom and Dad

No comments: