Sunday, August 6, 2017

Activity Days Camp

We had a wonderful opportunity to take our 10 and 11 year old girls to Camp Tracy all day on July 25th and 26th.  The ward paid over half which made it only $25 per girl.  The camp was for 9 hours each day.

Megan Granda and I were the leaders with 5 girls.  Sadly, 1 girl dropped out last minute.  We were in group B with another random ward.  Turned out the other ward was the one my parents live in.  It was fun getting to know the other group and talking about people we both see.

 First stop: map skills.  Girls were instructed on how to use maps and compasses.

 After a nature walk, the swimming test was next.  I then realized how unskilled my daughter is in swimming.  I need to sign her up for further training.

 Abby was a good friend and stuck with Makayla during this challenge.

 Next was ga-ga-ball, where they purposely hose down the area to get it nice and muddy.  Oh, and you only use hands to move the ball.  Here Hannah showed how muddy she got.

Next was my personal favorite, canoeing!  I just love being in nature and meandering along.  What a pretty place!

 The girls enjoyed themselves too.

 Hannah, Lucy, and Makayla posed on a rock before our campfire program.

 The next day we started out with life saving skills.  CPR was taught.

 Then it was rockwall time.  Makayla was a pro at this.

 Next was rifle shooting.

 Nice shot!

 We learned about archery.

 Then got to practice. Marley hit the bullseye!

They made pancakes for cooking class.

And ended with a fun skit about Cinderella in a classroom.  Wished I would have gotten a photo of all the girls in this.  Makayla was Cinderella. Hannah was the teacher. Abby was the narrator, and Lucy and Marley were students.  

All in all, the day camp was great!  Better than I expected.  I really enjoy my church calling of Activity Days Leader.  

No comments: