Monday, June 13, 2016

Sterling's Arm

Just when I thought I was in the clear, in the final 2 weeks of school, I received a dreaded phone call from the school.  "Come get your son because he has hurt his arm."  Ughhhh.  So I raced over there and picked up Sterling.  He let go of some high bars when the bell rang because he was worried he would be left behind.  He didn't think there was time to get to a pole and slide down.  Unfortunately, he landed right on his left arm (his dominant arm).

Xrays showed no breaks, thank goodness.  But Sterling still could not move his arm, so the Instacare insisted we make a follow up appointment for a second opinion in a week (with a pediatric fracture specialist).

After a final wrap and a sling, we were on our way.

Sterling showed me the exact place where he willingly dropped to the ground to catch up to his class.  After 3 or 4 days in the sling, he started to get some use back in his left arm.  We were able to cancel his 2nd appointment after all.  Thank goodness it wasn't broken, just a bad sprain that lingered less than one week.

No comments: