Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Good Gift


These pictures might not mean much to you.  But to me, they are awesome! You see, our city put an enormous bike lane sign right in the middle of our yard.  At 3 feet wide and 2.5 feet tall and mounted onto a 10 foot pole, I was annoyed with the way it commercialized our home.  It also ruined our landscape as an ugly eyesore.  I pleaded with the city back in October to move it down to the edge of our property instead of smack in the middle.  They gave me no promises or indication they would help me.  But around 2 months later, they moved it down to the west edge of our property.  And they even had to dig through snow and cement to move it.  Yay for a good view again and that it's not in my vision every time I look outside the window!!

1 comment:

Kiley said...

I totally can see the happiness in that! We just got a road sign in our yard :(. It is on the park strip, though, but ... I wish I would have been consulted before they put it in. Also, it looks like you had a great December. And congratulations to your kids on their awesome Reflections projects!