Tuesday, February 16, 2016

January 2016


How do you celebrate a heavy snowfall season?

Why, have a snow-sculpture contest!  We made a frog and as you can see, we are not that artistic.

 Playing on the snow mounds was a plus.

 Being rewarded for sculpture participation was better!

Other things this month include:
Getting my eyes checked and dilated.  My pupils were huge all day!

Also, I bought the hearing aide.  I am now officially a young old geezer.

Snuggles with Gizmo.

Playing outside.

And coming in to warm up and drink hot cocoa.

Library storytimes.

Games with Grandma Diane.

Showed the kids one of our old digs, "Best Chicken".

Went to a travel expo for some wishful ideas.

Attended bingo night at the school where Lincoln was worn out.  The older kids won some cool posters, a cat one and a Ferrari one.

Finally upgraded Scott's office chair. About time!

Played well (mostly).

You are looking at the masterpiece of creative kids: a salamander circus!!

Scott was pretty excited to see Star Wars!

Supported Makayla on her school project: Sacagawea.  I was pretty impressed with the technology involved.  Basically every kid has an iPad mini and you go around and scan their face on the picture and it plays a video with them in it talking about their hero.  Wow!

Scott and I played Super Mario 3 all month (off and on) and finally we won the game!  We had a good time doing this and the kids, mostly Lincoln, enjoyed watching us play.

And we found a hidden gem called  'The Train Shoppe'.  For one quarter, you can take control of the train speed.

 Kids can ride on a big train.

Lots to do and see!  I'm sure we'll visit again.

No comments: