We started off July with bowling as a family. We love the Fat Cat's summer special of 99 cent shoes and 99 cent bowling!
Next, Scott's parents came in town. We went to an antique store in Lehi where Vickie found a big book of journal entries of some of her relatives! Then we went miniature golfing at Trafalga. It was sooo hot there!
Murray Parade was next on the list and the kids got loads of candy. Scott put on a firework party for his parents and us on the 4th. My husband loves his fireworks!
The kids ran around playing outside in the sprinklers.
I get so embarrassed when stores have the mini shopping carts for kids, because my kids always insist on pushing their own. Then they end up ramming them into each other. Then there is screaming and fighting. No thanks! That is exactly how this ended.
Nothing beats splashing around in puddles after the rain!
A few days later, we went on vacation with my family. We went to a campground up north past Tremonton. My parents were with us the whole week, and my siblings came closer towards the weekend. I'll talk more about that later in a different entry.
Scott took up welding and fixed our steps on the trailer.
Another stop at Lagoon!
The kids and I found a hidden park a few miles away from us. We'll be playing there again!
Visited the library for some fun story time and games.
Can't forget the neighborhood watch BBQ.
Checked out the floats at the parade float preview party.
We went to the Butlerville Days parade and fireworks show on Pioneer Day and then Scott had a blast lighting off yet more fireworks, his favorite thing EVER. Danny, Dixie, and our neighbor Jesse joined us for that.
My Mom, Makayla, and I had a girls night out. We were treated to dinner at Blue Lemon by my mom and then we went to a community play, The Music Man, right across the street at the high school.
Little did I know that Makayla would lose her first tooth right before the play started! That was a surprise! I knew the tooth was loose, but I didn't really expect it to come out then. She happily bought some art supplies at the dollar store with her three bucks the tooth fairy gave her.
It was Grandma Bjarnson's 87th birthday so we went to celebrate with her at her home. Her last surviving sister is Norma, to the left of her.
And finally, the saddest news of all, is that our beautiful Sparkles cat, who made it to 17 years old, had to be put to sleep. So depressing! I knew Sparkles as long as I've known Scott. When Scott came home from his mission, he really wanted a cat, so he went to the humane society shelter in Cedar City, and Sparkles was the only cat there. She had been dropped off by a military family who couldn't take her with them and was 5 years old at the time. She was so friendly that he couldn't resist! And Scott and I dated for one year and have been married for eleven, so you add that together and 17 is the number. In human years, it's like 118 or around there. She lost control of her bladder at the end and peed anywhere she could find, even right in front of us when her litter box was clean. Poor Sparkles, we definitely miss her and love her and believe she will find us again in the next life. I especially miss my lap cat who was so great at snuggling with me. We love you Sparkles, you were an awesome cat!!!
1 comment:
Wow! You guys are so busy and such FUN parents! I'm sorry to hear about Sparkles. :( And I hope you're doing better after your accident. I saw the pictures on facebook. Wow! Hope you do another entry to talk about the details of it on here. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment