Thursday, July 18, 2013

June 2013

 
Makayla survived the school-year and has officially finished kindergarten! I admit, it was a rough start, but she really did well after a few weeks. (Just the shock from preschool to real school.) Miss Pulley was an awesome teacher and I would be delighted if our other kids have her in the future.
 
 
My sister Maisy was in town from Mississippi for a good chunk of June. I was pretty excited to have her here since she is my closest sister, yet lives several miles away.  She had the idea to get out of town for a few days up in Ogden Canyon, so we stayed in a condo and played! Wendy's family and my parents also joined us.
 
 
Some other things Maisy and I did were:  Dinner, movie, and playing at my place;

 

Get family photos;


Visit Heritage Park;

Play arcades at Nickelmania;

Roast marshmallows in Danny's cool backyard;

And play and eat dinner at Grandma & Grandpa's!

Scott's sister Christie had her mastectomy at IMC. We visited her and she was in good spirits as always.  Turns out the doctors didn't cut all of the cancer out though. She still has a rough road ahead of her and will start chemotherapy and radiation the first week of August.


Lincoln got a big boy twin bed after freaking us out and jumping out of his crib a few days in a row. He was definitely ready to upgrade.


Sterling turned 4 on June 23rd. Here are some things about him thanks to a primary spotlight I filled out:


  • I was born in Murray, Utah.
  • One thing my parents think is great about me is I am usually happy and give loves to people.
  • My favorite food is macaroni.
  • If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be Disneyland or camping.
  • I really like to play arcade games with my family.
  • My favorite Primary song is "Follow the Prophet."
  • My favorite pet or animal is my cat Muttsy.
  • The thing I like most to do is play with my cars.
  • My favorite article of clothing is my Cars pajamas.
  • I have one brother and one sister.
  • When I grow up I want to be a policeman.
  • My favorite story from the scriptures is Noah and the Ark.
  • Oreo is my favorite flavor of ice cream.
  • My favorite color is green.
  • My parents saw me choose the right when I shared toys with my brother.
  • My talent is playing video games like Mario Kart.

Since his birthday was on a Sunday, he chose to go to McDonalds playplace with us and Grandpa & Grandma the night before. Sunday was a quiet day, but he enjoyed playing with his birthday toys, his favorite being his new red Gameboy.


We went to a chalk festival at the Gateway. People are so talented!
 

We wanted to spend some time at Lagoon and play.


And we stopped by Hogle Zoo to see their Lego animal exhibits.


We decided that it's time to break out the trailer and go camping.  We went to a beautiful place by Kamas called Woodland.  We brought our 4 wheelers and really had a great time! We swam, hiked, 4 wheeled, and played games.  Not to mention enjoyed each other's company.  Fun times!


We call the 1st camping trip of the year  "Shakedown Camp" because you find out what needs to be fixed on your trailer.  Turns out a whole family of ants decided to lay eggs under one of our seat cushions at the table. Double-Yuck!! (And I had already cleaned out some prephoto!)

 
The trip was great though. We got in some four-wheeling. We hadn't used the ATVs in at least 2 years, so everyone was excited to try them out.
 

 This was the view from nearly the top of the mountain.

 
Scott and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary up there in Woodland. We made smores, looked at the stars, and just enjoyed talking by firelight as it crackled and glowed.  I can't believe we have been married that long!


 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

blair and maisy said...

You've been busy! Wow, thanks for dedicating a chunk of your post to your times with me. I think you had your camera handy a lot more than I did too. Always fun to visit UT and see you guys!