Friday, January 22, 2010
Needed Update
So, guilty as charged, I haven't updated our blog lately. So much has been going on. It just seems like time gets away from me. Here it is nearly a month after Christmas and I'm finally getting around to updating. I hope you all (all 2 of you) humor me :)
Sweet little Sterling isn't so little anymore. My little darling boy is nearly 7 months old. He is 6 1/2 months and all over the place (rolling). He will literally be 15 feet away in 1 minute flat if you allow him the room. He is also picking up several objects and (of course) they are heading straight for his mouth. Among the things pulled out this week are a Barbie microphone, a Little Pet Shop mini plate, and a bolt. You can't leave anything out or he will magically find it and BAM; it's in his mouth! He is eating veggies, crackers, and apple juice now besides his milk. He's so much fun, a constant ball of energy! Every day, I am thankful that he is part of our family!
Makayla is pretty much potty trained. Although, she's had 2 bedtime accidents in the last month, which I don't know how to handle for the future. I don't want to force her wear a pull-up to bed, but even worse, I despise changing wet sheets. I make her go potty before bedtime, but still it's not flawless. Any ideas out there? I'd have to admit though, that I'm very proud of her the other 99% of the time where she goes by herself, or lets us know she needs help. She's a great girl. I am amazed at how well she interacts with Sterling. She was singing him the Sunbeam song 2 days ago while he was sitting in his highchair. She also enjoys playing with (well taking) toys from him daily. We're teaching her that if she wants his toy, she needs to give him a replacement. My kids are fun and I know I'm blessed to have them.
Me, same old: work, work, and more work. I just got informed last week that I have to take a teacher test called the Praxis ($175 dollars) by the end of May and pass it to stay at the junior high. Then I can be called "Highly Qualified". I already am "Highly Qualified" for elemenary and special ed up to 8th grade, but because I might have to teach 9th grade in the future, they are making me take it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Scott is working hard on revamping the website for the Rental Protection Agency. He has been working nights and barely sleeping, plus interacting with our kids while I'm at work. He is very dedicated and I hope his hard work pays off. Check it out at www.rpausa.com.
That's what's going on with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
You guys are busy! Love the pics... you're such a cute family!
Lets hang out soon!
I love the update! I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Good luck to you guys - I'm sorry you have to take the praxis - I hear it's beastly.
I can't believe how big your little boy is. We never figured out when to have our playdate. Alexis has just about every Littlest Pet Shop so MaKayla and her will have a great time.
Cute kids :) I liked your update. Now I need to update mine...
I am so gald that I am not the only one slacking on the updates. It's hard to be on top of it along with everything else we have to do. I love the Makayla-isms on the side, do you mind if I copy that?
Post a Comment