Sunday, February 28, 2010

Birthday Month!

Photobucket

February was an extra busy birthday month. We had Scott's birthday on the 12th and Makayla's birthday on the 27th.

For Scott's birthday, we celebrated all weekend with his parents, who came up to visit. Scott's favorite place we went was Famous Dave's. I surprised him by having the kids all ready and the house all cleaned before he even woke up. He seemed to enjoy not having any duties for the day.
One thing about Scott is he's a great family man. During the week, he gets the kids ready and reads books to them. He cleans the house and often has a dinner plan or idea for the evening. And as if he's not busy enough, he works nights from 10:00pm to 6:00 am with the Rental Protection Agency. I love this guy and I can't believe he's 30 this year!

For Makayla's birthday, we tried to talk her into going to NickelCade. However, she was completely set on going to Jungle Jim's, just like last year. So we did a repeat, and took her there again. She really had a great time! Even Grandma Diane met us there and played. Makayla is now a big 3 year old! I am so proud of her for being potty trained, being a good big sister, helping turn off lights in the house, and sharing her toys. She is a super girl and I'm glad she's part of our family.

Sterling has got the army crawl down to a science. He can even pull himself up to a standing position.  For barely being 8 months old, he is very with it. He's a keeper and a daily joy to have.

I was in my faculty talent show this past week.  Some of us girls got together and danced to the Beyonce "Put a Ring On It" song. Making a fool out of myself was rather amusing.  I'm glad there was a bunch of us, so it wasn't so obvious which one was the biggest nut. :)
Photobucket





3 comments:

Kiley said...

Happy Birthday to your family! I can't believe we have 3-year-olds now! And you do have a very good husband - we like you a whole lot, Scott! Way to go to Sterling - it's fun to have a crawler again, huh!

blair and maisy said...

Mmmmm Famous Dave's. All the birthday stuff looked fun. and- you should have video recorded your talent show for us!

Brad & Mary said...

Happy Birthday Scott & Makayla! February is the best birthday month:) Kristin you will have to show me the talent show dance next time I see you. We should have a game night sometime!