Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Its Official!! New Bishopric this Sunday!

My wife and I met with the Stake Presidency last night-- a new Bishopric will be called this Sunday. Yeah!! I'm so ready for a break! Now don't get me wrong, I love to serve-- but I'm ready for a break from long Sundays and mid-week meetings. This is the second Bishopric in a row... and now I just want to be the guy that sits on the back row and enjoys church.
Finally, Kristin won't have to be a Bishopric widow... and for me; now I can sleep in the congregation next to my family.
No more begging people to speak on Sundays, no more long unproductive meetings, no more early meetings, no more conducting. However, on the other hand I will also miss working so closely with members and seeing people progress and grow. I can't complain, the Lord's let me in on some spiritual experiences, that part I will miss.
If you're in the ward, please feel free to tell anyone you know. There's no need to keep the change secret. In fact, we'd love to see some people come out that aren't normally there. As for who the new Bishop will be-- well that I know, but can't tell.

1 comment:

blair and maisy said...

Sit back and relax for a few weeks until you move into your new ward. Congrats on the new house.