Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Kitty!

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged. If you haven't heard..... we found our missing cat Rocky the last week of February. Our gorgeous 5 1/2 year old cat was frozen stiff in our 4 foot tall swimming pool in the backyard. Poor Rocky, what a miserable way to go! He had been missing since November 19th. 3 1/2 months later, found and laid to rest in our yard by some shrubs.

We were gifted a new kitten on March 2nd by some friends of some friends. She is a shiny black 6 month old kitty who is super playful. We named her CleoCATra (well Cleopatra was a famous Egyptian ruler with black hair.) We call her "Cleo." She is darling and super lovable. The previous owners even threw in a cat bed and a scratching post which was a nice perk for us. So now we have Sparkles - who is 11 human years old (77 in cat years) and Cleo - 7 months old (4 in cat years). Sparkles is already starting to be more accepting of her new chum, thank goodness.





I hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day. I came home to a pleasant surprise. Scott made green jello and a big giant cookie with green frosting. What a great husband!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Oh, so sad about Rocky!! But I'm glad you have a new kitty...Cleocatra is lucky to have you guys! :o)

Kiley said...

I'm sorry about Rocky - what a way to go! But Cleo sounds like fun, energetic kitty - I love the name!

And what a delicious cookie! Mmmmmm! I think I'm going to go make some cookies now!

blair and maisy said...

I'd say that's a bad way to go. Hopefully Cleo fits into the family nicely. Scott did some cute things for the holiday!

Candi said...

Hey guys!!! I've stopped being lazy and am back to blogging. Can't wait to see the new kitten. How are you guys doing? Scott give your brother some cooking tips would ya!!!