Monday, August 17, 2020

Nitsirk is 40!


Seriously, I am 4 decades old?  When did this happen?  I have really enjoyed being a mother for 13 years of my life.  And I have enjoyed being married to a great guy for 18 years, who makes me laugh and helps make life fun.

A random memory I have is earning the Val J. Halamandaris service award at College of Eastern Utah in the year 2000.  Someone was chosen who gave lots of time in giving service, and it was a surprise.  I helped recruit volunteers at the Castle Valley special school that school year, plus helped with 2 spring breaks full of service, so I was chosen.  A touching memory of the graduation day was that President Thomas S. Monson was our guest speaker and he, yes he, gave me a standing ovation and then the whole crowd followed suite. Plus, he shook my hand. This was a very special memory that is in my top 10 defining moments in my life.  I love this memory!

Scott took the time to make my day special. He decorated our home so nicely.  Good job Hottie!  

Penny drove all the way from Magna and surprised me with gifts.  She is a true friend.  Lol about the toilet paper cake, since tp has been in short supply this year.

Makayla and I went and got pedicures. It was our first time doing this together, which was special.

We looked for something fun to do (still quarantine time and lots of places are restricted), and agreed to see 'Goonies' at the big theater in Holladay.  Still a classic!

Went to Macaroni Grill for dinner.  And spent the evening with people I love.

40 is not too shabby when you have people in your corner. Scott planned the gifts and decorations well. Maisy gifted me a cabbage patch (I love them). And Mom made me a pie.  Thank you for your love!!


No comments: