I took some photos for Makayla's upcoming baptism, and although they were cute, I jumped at the chance to take some more in her baptism dress borrowed from cousin Ava. We went to the Draper LDS Temple on a Sunday 2 weeks before her baptism. It wasn't busy at all, but they also lock the gates on Sundays.
Makayla's favorite primary song is "I Hope They Call Me On A Mission."
I hope they call me on a mission,
When I have grown a foot or two.
I hope by then I will be ready,
To teach and preach and work as missionaries do.
I hope that I can share the gospel.
With those who want to know the truth.
I want to be a missionary.
And serve and help the Lord while I am in my youth.
Makayla's baptism day, March 28, 2015, went better than expected. We arrived at the church nice and early and got Makayla and Daddy dressed.
Then we took some photos. It was a stake baptism. Makayla was the only one from our ward. Our primary counselor got up and said some nice things about Makayla, like how she helps her brothers a lot, is very creative, and has the coolest initials ever. Makayla's initials are MVP, Makayla Viane Paxton, Viane named after both her grandmas, Vickie and Diane, combined. The baptism then was performed and Makayla was given the gift of the Holy Ghost, both by her dad. All in all, everything went well.
We took some photos. 4 generations, and some Bjarnson cousins.
Paxton cousins and family.
Dad, Mom, and Kayla.
Lunch turned out great. We ordered 10 pizzas for pickup right after the baptism. They were ready and lunch was stress free and plenty of food was to be had. My sisters brought cupcakes to share. It really went well, what a relief!
We had a lot of support, all of Scott's family and my family, minus Maisy (who lives too far away!) It was around 30 people.
I decorated with photos of our main star, Makayla. Thanks Kiley for the idea!
The cousins had a great time playing after lunch.
Makayla made an awesome choice. I am so proud of her for choosing the right path. I hope she can be a missionary now and when she's grown a foot or two. She is a great example for others. We really lucked out to have her in our family.
In Makayla's own words:
We love you and are so proud of you Makayla!!
Then we took some photos. It was a stake baptism. Makayla was the only one from our ward. Our primary counselor got up and said some nice things about Makayla, like how she helps her brothers a lot, is very creative, and has the coolest initials ever. Makayla's initials are MVP, Makayla Viane Paxton, Viane named after both her grandmas, Vickie and Diane, combined. The baptism then was performed and Makayla was given the gift of the Holy Ghost, both by her dad. All in all, everything went well.
We took some photos. 4 generations, and some Bjarnson cousins.
Paxton cousins and family.
Dad, Mom, and Kayla.
Lunch turned out great. We ordered 10 pizzas for pickup right after the baptism. They were ready and lunch was stress free and plenty of food was to be had. My sisters brought cupcakes to share. It really went well, what a relief!
We had a lot of support, all of Scott's family and my family, minus Maisy (who lives too far away!) It was around 30 people.
I decorated with photos of our main star, Makayla. Thanks Kiley for the idea!
The cousins had a great time playing after lunch.
Makayla made an awesome choice. I am so proud of her for choosing the right path. I hope she can be a missionary now and when she's grown a foot or two. She is a great example for others. We really lucked out to have her in our family.
In Makayla's own words:
March 28
Today was a speshel day I got baptizsed.
I felt a warm happy feeling.
I think the holy ghost was feeling happy for me.
After that priesthood blessing I felt a hevy feeling
then it started feeling liter.
After that I felt the best I'v ever felt in my hole life.
I think it was the best day in my hole life.
It was so fun.
I wish I could do it agen.
We love you and are so proud of you Makayla!!
3 comments:
So cute! Congratulations! I love what she wrote about her special day. Great idea!
What a neat day! I love that you decorated with pictures of MaKayla! Such a cute girl!
Congrats Makayla!
Post a Comment