Monday, March 3, 2014

Makayla's 7th Birthday



Makayla was the Primary Spotlight this week. How convenient for her birthday post!

  • I was born in Murray, Utah.
  • Something my parents think is great about me is I am an awesome helper and happy!
  • My favorite food is fancy tomato soup and cranberry turkey sandwiches.
  • If I could go anywhere in the world it would be Disneyland!
  • I really like to play arcade games with my family.
  • My favorite primary song is "Follow the Prophet."
  • My favorite pet or animal is my cats.
  • The thing I like most to do is create art projects.
  • My favorite article of clothing is skirts and leggings.
  • I have 2 brothers and no sisters.
  • When I grow up I want to be an artist.
  • My favorite story in the scriptures is Jesus blessing the little children.
  • Cookie dough is my favorite flavor of ice cream.
  • My favorite color is blue.
  • My parents saw me choose the right when I cared about my brothers. I also help my Mom & Dad.
  • My talent or hobby is painting, coloring, and drawing.
You are a sweetheart Makayla!


Makayla had early out day on her birthday. She brought fudge striped cookie bags and Capri Suns to share with her class. 


After school she went to her kids club hour at the library.  She was pretty excited that they sang to her and she got to make a puppet.


Makayla was adamant about having a friends party, so I agreed and let her invite some friends over. It ended up being 3 girls and 3 boys, although one boy stayed home sick.  The kids arrived at 6pm on her birthday evening and the menu Makayla picked was chicken nuggets, tater tots, apple slices, veggies & dip, plus cream soda and rootbeer.  The kids ate dinner, then we played a few games.  The first game was musical chairs and the winners (everyone eventually) got to pick an m&m's package for their prize.  Then we had a treasure hunt for the goodie bags.  I originally was going to have the kids go around the yard too, but it was raining very hard, so I adjusted it to 10 clues inside and purposely had the kids running up and down the stairs for their clues to make it fun. They found clues under Makayla's pillow, the kitchen table, the toybox, dryer, kitchen garbage can, bathtub, the office desk, pinball machine, aquarium, and ended up finding their prizes inside the oven. I forgot to snap a photo, but they loved the games.


Then we opened presents and had cake and ice cream.  Makayla is really in to art right now, so we made sure to get her some art supplies. We also gave her horse things, books, lotions, fingernail polish, perfumes, and earrings.


Makayla for sure wanted a sleepover with 2 of her friends, so we compromised with the parents and had a late-over. The party ended at 7:30, but two girls got to stay until 9pm.  Iris, Laila, and Makayla had such a good time! They decorated crowns, painted fingernails, and got dressed up and danced to music. They were so fun to watch!  I thought it was darling that one girl brought everything as if she was really staying the night. She even got in her jammies and had her stuffed animals. So fun!  

Before
After

Makayla has been asking since one year ago when she can get her ears pierced. She would bring it up monthly at least. So we agreed to let her really get it done the evening before her birthday.  We went over to Claire's and she picked out her favorite color of studs, light blue.  She was so brave and looks pretty cute!


Makayla and Sterling ended up having a sleepover on the bean bag where they watched "Wreck it Ralph" on the big screen. I loved how their arms were touching. One day I might have to remind them that they are good friends with this photo!


We sure love our Makayla! We couldn't ask for a better daughter!

2 comments:

Kiley said...

So crazy that we have 7-year-olds now! She is cute!

blair and maisy said...

Fun birthday!