
I just experienced something more scary than any haunted house I've ever been to. Something that I would not care to repeat in this life ever. Never ever again. We had just finished a nice random dinner out with the family last Tuesday. We happened to be driving past a large WalMart on our way home. Thinking to myself that we could really use another bookshelf, I suggested that we stop. We went in and didn't find what we were looking for, but that is beside the point. I remember Sterling getting restless and wanting down from the cart. Makayla begged to hold his hand and stay with him. I was keeping my eye on them while Scott was pushing the cart with Lincoln. The only thing was Makayla thought it was so fun to run away with her brother and play hide and seek while we were supposed to be staying together. I was actually chasing them trying to round them back up when Sterling darted out of sight in the men's clothing area. I helplessly doubled back and forth around the aisles and racks with Makayla following me. A gentleman noticed my franticness and joined in the search for Sterling. On one last hope I went to find Scott (who was now checking out) just hoping and praying to myself that Sterling was with him. (Makayla still following me). Well I did find Scott and Sterling was not in sight. My heart sank. My little boy was lost in a SuperWalMart. Fantastic. We told the checker and she suggested I go to Customer Service. I ran over there and explained the situation and described Sterling (2 year old blond boy, tan pants, plaid shirt, sandals). Then came the guy on the speaker "Code Adam, Code Adam." And he described what Sterling looked like. While they locked down the doors, my mind was racing. "What if some crazy person kidnapped him? Will he be found? Will I see him again? I can't believe this is happening to me!!!" All the while I was praying as hard as I could that we could be reunited. After what seemed like forever, but was probably only a few minutes, a sweet Asian lady brought Sterling in her arms up to me in the front of the store. I thanked her and hugged her twice through my tears. I am SOOOO glad that she was honest and helpful and in the right place at the right time. I was completely relieved, finally. As for the Code Adam, I don't think I'll be letting Sterling out of the cart any time soon. And even then, I'll have to keep him under my wing.
6 comments:
How scary! I'm so glad everything worked out!
Oh, that makes me nervous just thinking about it! I'm happy you're all okay!
Oh, there is no worse feeling in the world than when you can't find one of your little ones! I'm so happy for you that all turned out well. Thank goodness for the kindness of strangers. We love you! :o)
Crazy scary but I'm glad everything turned out ok. Hope you are enjoying your summer:)
Awww...so glad it all worked out. I haven't lost one in a store yet, but we've had a few scary minutes other places. I had to eventually buy one of those kid backpack/leash combos for the boys...they were too hard to keep track of together when they were Sterling's age. At least the leashes kept me close to them! Glad you guys are all good, we miss everyone back there.
I didn't even know that happened. Scary stuff. I'm glad he got back to you safe and sound, I've had a few of those panic moments when you think a kid is lost, and luckily they have all been fine. We should put tracking devices on them!
Post a Comment