Introducing:
Lincoln Scott Paxton
Born: March 5, 2011
Time: 5:36 p.m.
Weight: 7 pounds 6 ounces
Length: 21 inches
Well, now that little Lincoln is 10 days old, it's time to update my blog. We were officially due on March 4th. My doctor was on call on Saturday March 5th and thought inducing me would be a good way to spend her weekend so she talked me into it. I was on a list to go in at 8am to Intermountain Medical Center, but at 7am I had to call to confirm the appointment. The nurses said that there were no available rooms at that time and to call back at 10 am. They ended up calling me at 9:45 am and told me to be there by 10:30 am. By the time we got the kids ready and dropped off at my parents, it was 11:15am, so we had missed the "ideal time" of the hospital being ready. 3 other pregnant ladies in labor also walked in behind me and, of course, they got to go first, which is understandable. I offered to come back on Monday, but the staff was convinced that in another hour they would be able to get me in. They gave Scott and me some coupons toward meals at the cafeteria and told us to go hang out for an hour and a half. Scott and I had a nice meal in the cafeteria and were back at the delivery floor at 1pm. The staff told us to go walk around for another 45 minutes and then come back. We were back at 1:45 and they were just finishing up preparing our room. At 2 pm we were admitted to room 18 and they started the petocin. At 3 pm my Dr. came and broke my water. I was definitely grateful to get the epidural then. At 5:36 pm our new baby was born. It was such a smooth delivery, 3.5 hours was a breeze compared to Makayla (23 hours). I'm so glad things went smoothly with zero complications. We were definitely blessed. He came out howling which was great! He is so calm now though. He only gets upset when we are bathing him or changing his bum. When he's hungry, he mostly just grunts to let us know. He is a great baby!
Baby Lincoln
Thanks to my mom and dad for taking the kids while we stayed at the hospital.
Lincoln's Mama
Lincoln and big sister Makayla
Big brother Sterling who found the chocolate milk powder and enjoyed himself.
I opted to not to set up messy boy for a picture with Lincoln.
Thank you family and friends for thinking of us and little Lincoln.
We appreciate your thoughtfulness!
6 comments:
What a beautiful baby boy! And what a beautiful family! Congratulations, Scott and Kristin! We love you! :o)
He is so big and chunky, i just love it. I can't wait to come and see him.
Oh look at that cute little chunkers! I can't wait to meet him :)
kristin, he's beautiful! he was born on my mom's birthday!
He's a cutie! Give him big fat kisses from us!!!
Congratulations! So excited to meet him!
Post a Comment