Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 2010


Here's to my monthly update :)

Makayla called our cat Cleo a "brat" for the first time that I've ever heard on March 3rd, which was pretty funny to watch.  She's really into imaginary play right now and often will pretend that the cat is a baby and carry her around. Our other cat Sparkles is way too ornery and old for that, so she sticks with Cleocatra, who is just over one year.  Makayla is also big into playing Hide-and-Seek. She thinks that's the funnest thing ever to do. Every night she and daddy hide under her bed and I have to "find them" before our bedtime ritual. She has been carrying Sterling around too, which can't be good for her since he weighs half of what she does.


Sterling popped his first tooth through on March 13. It's in the bottom in the middle and he refused to stay still enough for a photo of it, but believe me, it's there. It was quite a rude awakening when I tried to feed him the first few days after. I almost thought about weaning him because it was so shockingly  painful....but he's doing better now, thank goodness.  He also started clapping his hands on March 14 which is sooooo cute to see. He is successfully crawling the regular way and if there's something he needs to get to PRONTO, he'll revert back to the speedy army crawl.  He stands up with furniture and pulls himself up all the time.  He even pulled over our lamp and end table on top of him this week. Scary!!! Luckily, he wasn't hurt.

As for Scott and I, we have had HORRIBLE bad car luck this month.  We have dumped $1,200 dollars into our cars, much to our dismay...... So yeah, there went our tax return.  Scott had a crack in his exhaust manifold and I had to get all my gaskets fixed because they were leaking antifreeze and gas into each other.



I got a new bike on March 10th. It's really my belated Christmas gift that we finally picked out. So I'm super excited to get some fresh air and exercise.  I can't believe it's snowing like crazy today! I want the sun to come out NOW!!!!


Just for fun, a pic of Kayla and Scott from 2 years ago :)

3 comments:

JoykLucyb said...

Love the pics of Sterling and Makayla. Everything you wrote about Sterling is exactly what Eli was doing during Christmas break. You could have seriously been writing about Eli. Good luck with him! I've decided Eli is busy enough that it's like having twin girls. I don't remember Joy and Lucy being into everything as much as him! That stinks about your car troubles. We still have a few things to fix on our Bronco. Yuck! Take care, cuz.

Brad & Mary said...

I can't believe baby Sterling is getting so big, we need to have a visit with your family.

blair and maisy said...

Look at those cute kids. That 1st pic of you and Makayla is really good. Enjoy that bike.