Well, it sure was nice to get out of town. We went down south to Scott's parents house for Thanksgiving. We ate plenty, played lots of games, and most of all enjoyed each other's company. Some of the highlights of the weekend were:
Making gingerbread houses. All of the couples got to decorate their own gingerbread house. We had a little contest. All of the grandkids seemed to like ours the best. Ours is the one with the licorice fence.
We also had a pool table tournament. For once we actually took the cover off of the table, and played several games. We had a winner's bracket and a loser's bracket. I was right in the middle. Scott had much more skill than I did.
Black Friday shopping was awesome! Well, it was better than could be expected for a podunk town. We actually were able to hit Walmart, Home Depot, Walgreens, Radio Shack, and Staples. Best of all, Makayla got to sleep in because Grandpa Marv didn't want to get up, so it really worked out for us crazies that were out the door at 4:15 a.m.
It was a great weekend! Best of all, we came home to an unrobbed, untouched house. (4 years ago we were robbed over Thanksgiving, plus they came back the same night, plus it took us 8 hours to get home because of a blizzard, instead of the usual 4 hours.)
4 comments:
Making gingerbread houses over Thanksgiving? You guys are excited for Christmas aren't you :)
Cute gingerbread houses! Yours turned out awesome! You are so brave to get out and shop on Black Friday - I stayed home snug as a bug in my bed!! :o)
I love the picture of you three - Makayla was happy, wasn't she :)? The gingerbread houses are amazing - you guys went all out! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, though - 'cause we missed you a lot!
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your blog- life has been pretty crazy for us lately! I love your cute page, and I also love your cute gingerbread house. I'd have voted for that one for sure! :) Hope all is going well with you guys - we've missed seeing our old ward friends the last 2 weeks!
Post a Comment