We knew that he was on the short list of being called to be Bishop in our last ward. He has great rapport with our Stake Presidency in Cottonwood Heights and they all love him. Our Stake President here called President Thomas and talked to him about our family and mainly Scott. President Thomas told this President that Scott would have in fact been made Bishop up there if we hadn't moved. I guess this can be compared to Jonah of Nineveh, who ran away because he didn't want to preach the gospel to the unbelievers. Scott was meant to be a leader and he is invited to do that regardless of where we live.
I need to get my act together and keep our home more organized so that when random people stop by, I can welcome them in and be a friend. We also need to get healthier so we can live longer. We have teeter tottered with our weight our whole marriage. It is time to win this battle. We need to have more willpower. It is our biggest obstacle .
This calling seems unreal and like a dream, or maybe a nightmare, because of all the uncertainty in the world. I can't believe all the temptations that are around for our youth to navigate through. Couple that with strange viruses and food and supply shortages. These are some challenging times! Scott was told it is important to do 3 things. 1) Be diligent in keeping clean with exactness 2) Always testify of Jesus Christ and His love for us 3) Scott is to help people come unto Christ and repent. He is a judge. I am not supposed to pry about his personal interviews. I am better off not knowing about people and sins and it can taint my soul.
This is a good time for him to be Bishop as our kids are the youth age to go to young mens and young womens. He is always there, so he will get to spend time with them too. We are proud of Scott and are here to support him in his new calling.
No comments:
Post a Comment