Sunday, December 3, 2017

November 2017

The kids basked in their Halloween haul.

Leaves were gathered and a scarecrow was created.

I got my name on a few more pinball games.

Makayla did a great job in the performance of "Utah" with her 5th grade group.

We headed to Cedar City specifically to visit with Christie and get family pictures.  We took her to lunch at Sizzler.

Cousins helped Grandma rake her leaves.

We had a haircut/shaving party for Christie.  Her chemotherapy was making her hair fall out in clumps. Literally, she would run fingers through her hair and pull out handfuls.  It was time to be done with the thinning.  She let anyone who wanted to cut a lock off, take a turn.
Then her husband shaved the rest. We love Christie! She is beautiful no matter what!  We got a kick out of Hudson parading around in her wig.

We enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner in Cedar City.

And we rushed home to our Primary Program up here.  The kids parts- Makayla: "A time when the Holy Ghost helped me choose the right was when a new girl moved into my class this year.  I played with her at recess several times and now she is one of my close friends." Sterling: "Taking the sacrament is important because it helps you remember Jesus and Heavenly Father." Lincoln: "I try to be like Jesus by sharing things with others."


We caught a cute movie, "Leap".

I walked to the fire station and took a tour with Lincoln's class.

Scott networked with like minded people in Vegas.  He found the Count from Count's Customs (a tv show).

Scott brought us home things from his networking conference.

Lucky me got a gummy pizza from Scott!

I helped with Time Out For Women with cousin Jessica.  That was a neat experience.  As a bonus, we got to listen to some inspiring speakers and singers like Hilary Weeks, City of Enoch, Brad Wilcox, and Sister Elaine S. Dalton.  Mostly, I handed out programs and wristbands.  The next day I was a  wristband checker.

On my Saturday lunch break, I met up with brother Danny.  He bought me lunch at Burger King and we had a nice time catching up.

We visited the Springville Nickelmania.

Scott worked hard putting up new Christmas lights.

Maisy came in town and we ate at Italian Villiage.

We had Thanksgiving dinner with the Bjarnsons. Maisy, my, Wendy, and Maria's families were there and of course, Mom and Dad. I brought a 7 layer jello, a lime-pineapple jello, and a pumpkin pie.

The boys played video games and we at pie.

We explored outside in the field behind their house.

The next night,we hosted everyone for a gathering before Maisy headed home the following day.

 I passed the 8s on my van.

I headed to Temple Square to watch a choir practice with my Relief Society group.  We got an awesome view of the temple from the roof of the conference center!



No comments: