Wednesday, September 27, 2017

New Church Calling

Me, Cristen, Renae, Mary
When I met with a counselor in the stake presidency, I was really hoping to be asked to speak or pray in the upcoming stake conference. You know, a one time deal?  But instead, I was asked to take a new church calling: Stake Young Women's Secretary.  Huh?? That was a definite surprise!  Not expecting that at all.  I am the most unorganized person I know, but I guess there is always room for improvement and learning new skills.  Of course, I took the call on August 20th. Although I was bummed about getting released from a great calling: Activity Days Leader.  I loved that calling! Especially where Makayla is in it.  I was only in that calling for 10 months.

The new Stake Young Women's President, Renae Wolvington, is in my ward.  She pulled me aside and told me that from the first time she saw me, (8 years ago when we moved here) she just knew that we would be working together someday.  The other 2 counselors are kind and I like them already.  It's funny because I have run into one, Mary Beattie, 2 times since being called, at the grocery store.  I wouldn't even know her if we weren't in these positions. The other one, Cristen Barlow, is wise beyond her years.  She is very in tune with messages to be relayed.  I was told this would be a 3-year calling.  I may or may not be counting down. :) I am in over my head updating spreadsheets and information and contacting youth and leaders for upcoming meetings, tasks, and events.  And I've never been to so many church-related meetings in my life.  I am now realizing how many behind the scenes people it takes to help the church be successful. One month down, 35 to go.

No comments: