Saturday, February 7, 2015

January 2015

January started off with my college roommates and I meeting up to go to lunch. It was refreshing to see my friends and roomies from 13 years ago and catching up.  I'm glad we keep in touch.

Lincoln started Sunbeams! He healed up from his Chicken Pox this month and now looks so much better.  He ended up giving that to Makayla.  Poor girl had them on her back upper thighs area. She's good now though.  All in all they had around 30 pox each. I'm sure their previous vaccines made milder cases than otherwise would have been.

Cottonwood Heights turned 10 years old and they had a celebration.  Sterling is pointing to our property.

They had an art contest for the kids.  Makayla ended up being one of the finalists!  They printed her painting of our city onto a banner and put it on her school's fence.  She was so excited that her class walked over and admired it one day.  She was recognized during the formal program.

There was also a carnival with fun games, prizes, and bounce houses.  My kids were thrilled!

Makayla and I painted our nails again.

At the library magic show this month I was called up to help.  I was less than thrilled because it's a bit embarrassing to be in front of a crowd.  But I helped the magician with this card trick.  He had me pick a card and then he guessed by drawing it.  He drew the Ace of Spades and I said it was wrong. Then he made the ace into a card box, and the 3 of Diamonds (my card) magically went up through a slit in the notepad.  Then he autographed the paper and gave it to me.

We met up with Grandma Diane and Maria and Phil at Cabela's one day.

We found a hidden sandpile (long jump) area over at the high school and the kids enjoyed playing in it. I had them smooth it over before we left.

This is the cutest fireman I've ever seen!  And I love the pathways he makes.  The preschool teachers informed me that Lincoln was the most animated he's ever been, asking the visiting fireman all sorts of questions and talking up a storm. Hmmm, maybe a future job interest?

One day we met up with neighborhood preschool at the church for an exercise class.

And Lincoln started attending the preschool reading group at the library.  He's really growing up!  Still working on the potty training though.

My favorite activity this month was our mock New Year's party with my family.  We had yummy food, games, and great company.  We did this a month later than usual because we wanted to be certain everyone felt healthy.  What a fun night complete with a bubbly grape cider toast at 11pm.  We are happy to feel well again.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

Makayla is quite the artist - that's awesome! And I love that you had a new year's party a month late - that's perfect!