January was gone before I knew it. The best part about January was celebrating that it has now been 2 years since I have been able to stay home with my kids. January 15th was the day in 2012 when my dreams of quitting teaching being home became realized. I got this sweet gift from my West Lake Junior High faculty as a farewell gift and to symbolize my new-found freedom in 2012. :)
Some things we were able to do this month were:
Go swimming at the rec center.
Scott and I have taken up raquetball this new year. We play 3 to 4 times a week for an hour at a time. And we are pretty even which makes it fun! They have a nursery to watch the kids while we play so it works out really well.
We have been enjoying the neighborhood preschool.
Sterling has a blast at the high school preschool too.
And wouldn't you know, the biggest snowman of the season was right up the street from us!
Can't forget Nickelmania.
On a day off school, I talked Scott into heading downtown to the Church History Museum. We got prime parking right in front of the building (yeah!) and were able to take in the displays including a boy scouts exhibit, a fun play area for the children, and the hall of the prophets. Pretty cool!
Makayla and Sterling had their first sleep over in our playroom. They loved it so much that they have done it a few more times and would have a party every night if we would let them.
We have certainly been loving our new cat Rosco. He is so fun to have around!
Of course we love our cat Muttsy too!
The library had a puppet show that we attended with some neighbors.
And my mom hosted the Hebdon party this time. I thought she did a great job! The highlight of it was the sock wars where we were divided into 2 teams and everyone threw wads of socks at each other. If you got hit, then you had to touch the back wall to free yourself. Then when time was up, whatever team had the least socks on their side of the gym won.
2 comments:
What fun you're having! And I agree - the Hebdon party was a blast!
Fun!
Post a Comment