Tuesday, December 10, 2013

November 2013


November started out with Makayla being recognized for entering the Reflections contest at her school.  She drew a picure of animals relaxing on a mountain next to a waterfall.  She was chosen to go to the district competition which will be next month. She is quite the little artist!


We went up north to see little Heber be blessed. He is such a good baby, lucky Wendy!


Maisy was in town for a few days. It was fun actually getting all the cousins together. Too bad she lives so far away, I really like her.


We went miniature golfing one day. Two of my former students recognized me and gave me a hug (now a senior and a junior in high school) so that was pretty cool that they remember me in a positive way.


We declawed our energetic little kitty, Rosco, as he was tearing up all the furniture.


I checked out a Thanksgiving craft book from the library and Makayla sure had fun with that one.  She made all sorts of things like flower arrangements, a boat, little indians and pilgrims, and an autumn tree.


They boys and I had a picnic at Hogle Zoo.


We had some fun feeding the birds at Wheeler Farm. Boy, were they hungry! Scared Sterling so much, but Lincoln was enjoying it.


Visited sweet Grandma Paxton at the care center.  She's had some kidney problems and was admitted there for a month.


I got a new church calling, Young Women Mia-Maid Advisor.  Oh boy, I had to think about this one because it is a huge commitment for our young family.  Every Sunday and Wednesday are now blocked off for young womens.  It has been alright so far.  It turns out we have a smaller group than average, about 7 to 12 active young women (20 on the roster), so they just combine all the groups. I only have to teach once a month, and I do like that part (of not stressing every single week preparing a lesson).  And Scott got released as the High Priest Group Leader after 3 years of service.


I finally got brave and dejunked the boys' closet.  I gave Wendy 7 boxes and bags of clothes for her kids.


Took a trip to our favorite spot; Nickelmania.

This month was dental month. We got check ups and cleanings and teeth fixed. Not fun!


Went to literacy night at Makayla's school.


Scott cleaned up a bunch of leaves in the yard.


Saw some fun shows at Clark Planetarium. One about the Light before Christmas and one called Jerusalem.


Makayla had fun in the bubble bath one night.


Lincoln reminded us he can sleep anywhere.


I got some new glasses, two pairs. It has been over eleven years since I have ordered new glasses. I normally wear contacts, but it's good to have them in case of an emergency.


And Thanksgiving was over at my parents' house. It was a fairly small gathering, 18 people if you count Grandma and Grandpa Bjarnson and Uncle Greg. Of course Maisy was in Mississippi and Maria visited California with Dallin's family.  We played a bunch of kid games like button button, the thimble game, cards, and vampire hide-and-seek.


I got a kick out of Danny's moustache for Mo-vember, as he calls it.


And finally, we joined the neighborhood preschool club. We have class twice a week and take turns teaching. Since it's on the off days from Sterling's other preschool, we are able to do it. I think Lincoln is even enjoying it more than Sterling. But it's good because it gets us moving in the mornings, and I have already taught a lesson. I learn things too, like today I learned you can grate butter with a cheese grater for use in recipes.

1 comment:

blair and maisy said...

Makayla is quite the little artist! It was fun to see y'all. I like the glasses on you, but that mustache and Danny's shirt are disturbing.