The 2 older kids had a lot of fun with a full bubble bath.
My beautiful Makayla started 1st grade! I can't believe she is that old to go to school all. day. long. I don't know who had the harder time letting her go, me or her because she is so awesome and helpful around the house. She is such a good friend to her brothers. I LOVE having a girl first because she is so nurturing to them, helping with shoes, seat-belts, drinks, you name it. Her brothers miss her terribly when she is gone. Lincoln walks around wondering, "Where Kayla Mom?" We have adjusted bedtime to an hour earlier, but she is still not a morning person. She struggles with going early in the day, but once she is there, she does fine. Oh yeah, she said she wants to be an artist when she grows up. She loves creating artwork!
The boys loving them some ice cream.
Makayla and her best friend Muttsy.
The kids pretended to be ninjas. Love their make believe shenanigans!
Makayla begged us to make sugar cookies, so we finally did.
Looking at Butler Junior High being bulldozed was entertaining.
We went miniature golfing at Hollywood Connection.
Of course Lagoon was on the list.
Caught some movies at Clark Planetarium.
When it was windy one day, we had a ball flying kites.
Grandma Diane made a dragon with Makayla just because.
Probably the highlight of the month was Hogle Zoo. For the first time probably EVER, we finally got to see the polar bear. She was so much fun to watch that we just gazed contently at her playing for at least half an hour. And we checked out the new splash pad light house area.
Oh, and I got released from my calling as the compassionate service leader. I am fine with this. That was such a demanding calling. I calculated about 10 funeral dinners that I had to put together and help with for the year and a half that I was in charge. Also, it will be nice not to worry about putting so many meals together at the last second for emergencies. And cleaning peoples houses, won't have to stress about that anymore either. And always being on call, goodbye! Who knows what's next for me! I am super content to just lay low and be a visiting teacher only for awhile. :) This is the boys playing while I waited to get a ham cut for the last funeral luncheon (for 100 people) on August 31st.
1 comment:
Makayla is growing up! Hogle zoo looks like they have some fun new things we'll have to check out sometime.
Post a Comment