Monday, April 30, 2012

April 2012


Ahhh, April, you just flew by. Can't say it was great because it wasn't the best. Our family has never been so sick all at once as this month.  At the beginning of April, the kids caught terrible colds. Lincoln, being so young, was the most affected.  We had to intervene with his cold with some machines they use for RSV such as a snot sucking machine (self explanatory) and a nebulizer, which pumps abuterol into little baby's lungs through a breathing mask. We did these treatments for about a week until little Lincoln started feeling better.  Then we all got the flu, starting with Makayla who passed it to Sterling, then to Lincoln, then to Mama, then to Daddy, you get the picture....   Scott's businesses also slowed down quite a bit this month, which was just more stress added to our sick family.  Luckily, things seem back on the upswing for May.  Wow, April will not be missed!

We were able to do a few fun things though.



Makayla had a clever bunny rabbit themed party at her preschool.  I just love watching her and how cute she is at school with the teacher and her friends.


She was also able to take our cat Muttsy to show and tell at preschool later on in the month for rainbow day.  Muttsy has 3 different colors of fur, plus yellow eyes and a pinkish nose.  We've had Muttsy for 1 year now and got her at the Humane Society when she was a 2 month old kitten.  She's energetic and plays with our kids who push her around in strollers and a toy dump truck, lucky cat!


We had a nice Easter, although with church at 9am, we weren't REALLY able to enjoy it until we were home.  We made some yummy goldenrod for lunch and then ate a ham dinner at my parent's home with the cousins. The kid had a good time dying eggs a week earlier.


We have been playing a lot outside in the beautiful weather.  I just love this time of year when the temperature is just right outside. We finally got family photos taken at Murray Park. I am grateful to my friend Shara for offering to take those for us. Can't wait to see them!



I got a new calling as the ward Compassionate Service Leader. And I had a funeral 2 days later. This job entails putting together a luncheon for families of a funeral, including setting up, serving, and cleaning up. Also the leader is supposed to coordinate meals for surgeries, new babies, and as needed. Talk about baptism by fire! I was busy coordinating everything, setting up tables with Scott and our kids running rampant, cooking a ham, decorating, getting a sign-up sheet around Relief Society, presenting the food, cleaning up, I don't think I've been as overwhelmed since finals at college 10 years ago.  Hopefully I get better at the cooking thing. I would love to learn how to bake rolls.


We took our family to City Creek Center and looked at the beautiful fountains.


We went to a family gathering for lunch last weekend at my parent's home and ate shish-ka-bobs and enjoyed meeting baby Phillip, Maria and Dallin's new baby.  He looks pretty cute with his wild hair.  We then went to a ward dinner/auction and bought some babysitting certificates to support the young women.


Scott's parents come home from their mission in Germany in just under 3 months! We are looking forward to spending time with them.  My brother Ben comes home from his Seattle, Washington mission in 1 month! Hopefully May can be a healthy month for us!

1 comment:

Shara said...

Sick kids are no fun at all, especially when they just pass it back and forth. It was great catching up with you, I hope you love your pictures. I will get them mailed out to you this week!