Well, I know I've been a blog slacker, but to me, it's better late than never. Time has just flown by and I can't believe how fast it's gone.
For Halloween we took the kids around our neighborhood and then later went to our friends extra cool spook alley neighborhood where most of the people get really into decorating and making fun treats for the kids.
Thanksgiving we stuck around town and had the holiday with the Bjarnsons. Makayla and Sterling sure enjoyed their cousins who were all there this time. For Black Friday shopping, Scott went out around 9 pm and he didn't come home until 4am. He got some great deals for the kids. We decided we'll probably get a babysitter to sleep over next year so I can join the fun too.
For New Year's Eve, we went to a neighborhood party earlier in the day and then just had a quiet party for ourselves later on and let the kids hit open a pinata. We watched a really cool movie called Super 8, definitely a keeper. When the clock struck midnight, Scott and I went outside to see if anyone was doing fireworks over the gully. We were pleasantly entertained by at least 10 firework shows going on.
January has been kind of a whirlwind thus far. I worked as a teacher for 2 weeks and then posted my grades and turned in my keys. My last day of work was January 13th. My team kidnapped me and took me to lunch at a Chinese Buffet. I thought that was extra cool of them to have one last hurrah for me. I also got some nice departing gifts like a WillowTree wood carving that stands for Happiness, and a wooden-wick candle and some fancy chocolates. I worked in Granite School District as a teacher for 9.5 years! I can't believe my career is probably done! Scott and I decided that it makes sense for me to stay home now with the kids because he is doing just fine. He's self employed which can be a bit of a gamble, but we've had a steady income over the last year from his online businesses so we just decided that it's time! He does a few things on the internet such as tenant screening and background checks, plus tenant and landlord mediation at Rental Protection Agency, RPAUSA.com. He also knows how to rank businesses on Google to get them more traffic. More traffic = more sales for the companies, so they pay to get to page one of Google. Well that's what's going on with us lately. I tell you, it's a full-time job being a homemaker. I can't believe how fast the time flies! I thought I would think about work and miss it more, but I am having a great time playing with my kids. I just need to get on top of more organization for our home. Adios!




4 comments:
Yay! Now that you're home during the days we should get our kiddos together! We'll call you soon!
What a fun couple of months! Congratulations on your teaching career! I am so grateful for teachers and for the selflessness they show day in and day out. Enjoy your time at home - your family is so lucky to have you! :o)
I can't believe how big your little one is.Looks like you've been super busy..I have a feeling with you staying at home, you are going to find plenty to do to stay busy!
Congrats on retirement :)
Post a Comment