Monday, August 30, 2010

July/August 2010


Well, I've been slacking on the posts, but we've really been enjoying ourselves. Here are some things we've been up to this summer:






We spent a week up in Ogden Canyon with my family. My sister arranged/rented condos for us, so it was really fun, and we enjoyed each others company.  Some things we were able to do up there are: Play on the lake, go to the Train Museum, go to the Children's Treehouse Museum, go to a big movie (How to Train Your Dragon), go fishing, and play tons at the resort, things such as swimming, volleyball, tennis, racketball, and card/ strategy games. It was really fun to spend time with everyone :)


We spent a week in Torrey, Utah with Scott's family. That is down in the middle of nowhere, right by Capitol Reef National Park.  We rented a cabin and went ATV'n several times. We would find little trails through use of a map and go find old houses and mines, etc. We also explored Capitol Reef Park, of course. It was pretty fun, but a little tricky when each parent is balancing a kid while driving a four wheeler. Challenging, but a good trip.

We bought Connect Passes to go explore Salt Lake area. We spent 3 great days going to Hogle Zoo, Heritage Park, Clark Planetarium (shows), Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum and Gardens, Snowbird (rode the tram), The Aquarium, The History Museum at the U, lunch at the Lion House, etc. It was action packed but definitely tiring. We had a good time :)

So, we've had a pretty adventuresome summer. Too bad it's over! I've already been back to work since August 16th.  Hey, only 19 more weeks until Christmas break!

P.S. Just to see who actually reads my blog, I'm pregnant! (13 weeks and due March 4th) Sterling and his younger sibling will be 20 months apart :)

6 comments:

Kiley said...

What????!!!! Congratulations!!!! That's the best news I've heard all day!!!!

Other than that . . . I LOVE the last picture of Makayla. So cute! And what adventures you're having! We're excited to see you soon!

Thierry said...

Oh my goodness!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Do you realize we're only like 3 weeks apart! I'm due on Feb 18th! We need to get together so we can chat pregnancy! How fun! All of our kids are so close! Love it!

A said...

Congrats! Thats super exciting!

Brad & Mary said...

Yeah congratulations again:) And it looks like you had a good summer!

blair and maisy said...

Hooray! Wow, I would have never found out if I didn't finally read your blog. j/k thanks for telling me. it looks like you had a fun-filled summer, and now back for another round of school :)

Erica said...

Congratulations, Kristin! My kids are all about 20-21 months apart. Makes for some strong friendships and lots of fireworks. :o) Yay!