You're probably wondering what's happened to the Paxtons. Or, maybe you haven't even noticed that we're about 2 weeks behind our goal of posting at least once a month. Well, the truth is, May just flew by, and the past 2 weeks, we've just been working like crazy on our front yard. We've gone from weeds to hydroseed and from piles of dirt to a nice curbed mound of rocks and bushes. And every spare second we've been outside shoveling rocks pretty much. So yeah, we've been pretty busy, not to mention sore, when you're shoveling 32,000 pounds of rocks by hand and putting them where they'll look nice. And the 30 plants that Scott and his mom picked out and planted for us are surely appreciated. At church last week on Sunday, the 20 compliments we got sure made us feel worthwhile. Also, the strangers that have stopped on their bikes and others who've held dogs on leashes to put in a good word about our yard, have made us feel happy. So, thank you, people for noticing. Yes, it's been a lot of work. And we did run out of money for the backyard this year, but, hey, it's a start. And we still have a little work left to do on the mound, but we have accomplished a big task. One that will benefit us for the years to come. It'll be nice to actually have a yard to run around on. And great to have a buffer before kids run into our busy street. So, this is what we've been up to.
Makayla has been a good big sister. Almost every day, Scott finds her in Sterling's crib in the morning, just playing with him and entertaining him. That's helpful since Scott works nights and is not always completely alert in the mornings while I'm at work. So Kayla makes sure to wake up her dad to let him know that Sterling is up for the day.
Sterling has been walking more and more. Yesterday, I counted him taking 49 steps around the house - IN A ROW- without even falling down. He is so much more confident with the walking thing. He hardly even has to think about it. Of course, when I tried to film it, he wasn't that in to trying, but I did get a clip of him for a bit. He now has 3 teeth and 2 more are about to pop through.
I have wrapped up yet another school year. Now I have 8 years under my belt. I never would have guessed I'd still be teaching, but it does pay the bills. And at least Scott is there for our family, so we don't have to pay for daycare, and we can be there for our kids. I am officially out for the summer, YEAH!!



5 comments:
You guys are always busy! Your yard looks great!!! What a huge project. Doesn't it feel good to be done?
We did our front yard too this last few weeks... not nearly as big a project as yours but I'll be posting pictures in a week or so since ours isn't quite done yet.
Your kids are adorable! We'll have to hang out soon... especially now that you're off school. I'll call you sometime!
Wow! Thats awesome! Your yard is huge, and thats a lovely addition. Congrats on finishing it. Enjoy your summer off.
The yard looks great- what a huge accomplishment!
The yard looks fabulous!!!!! Wow! And good job on yet another year of school - you guys are really pulling through! Your kids are so cute - I had no idea Sterling was walking so much, and Makayla is always such a perfect little princess - I love those curls! Way to go on everything!
Congrats on getting your yard done! It looks great! Been there, done that. We also might not get grass seed for our backyard until next year. Your kids are growing up so fast. Good luck with Sterling and prepare for him to do some table dancing! Eli figured out how to climb up onto the chairs and tables soon after he was walking!
Post a Comment