Friday, September 11, 2009

Happenings

Well it's back to school time. Unfortunately, I'm still working full time at the junior high. The teaching part isn't the hard part. It's the leaving my beautiful children part that gets to me. But, at least Scott works evenings right now, so he is able to watch our kids while I'm at work. It has been a very stressful time for me. Last year, I had two 45 minute periods M-Th to get my grading and special ed paperwork/meetings/planning done. I could usually get most things done by then, with very little volunteering my time after contract time. This year, they took away one 45 minute period, (thanks to the economy), gave me a PreAlgebra class (which I've never taught; I am an English/behavior teacher), and they still expect me to get all my stuff done. Well, the one remaining 45 minute prep period, 30 minutes of it I am pumping milk for Sterling. So in reality, I have about 15 minutes per day to get all my stuff done. NOT COOL!! So, needless to say, I am staying quite late, volunteering my time, after the the required contract time of 3:10. Plus, they took away 2 special ed teachers, and didn't rehire, so I'm stuck with way more files of kids than I've ever had. So, I am just hoping and praying that I can get a system down to get my paperwork/grades/meetings/lesson planning done faster my sake and my family's sake.

The new ward also just called me to the Primary Presidency (2nd Counselor). And they said, 'By the way, you're in charge of the Primary Program that is in 2 months. Good luck with that.' So I've been frantically planning and creating this in my spare time (or lack thereof) too.

We have had some neat things going on at home though.

We blessed our beautiful Sterling on Labor Day weekend. We had some great family support for that. It was pretty stressful planning for company and meals, etc..... but it luckily all worked out well. He is an awesome baby. He is such a mellow, happy kid. We know we're really lucky to have him.













Our home insurance people insisted that we get a new railing for our front porch. We didn't want to, but they were going to cancel our policy, so we were forced to. I think it looks good, and my grandpa really needed it on Sunday...... but, we would have waited if it hadn't been such an urgent issue with the insurance people.





We took our kids to the State Fair. My camera died really soon into it, so we didn't capture too many moments, but, here are a few....







So that's about it. Not too much going on but work, work, and more work. Hopefully, my work works out. At least I have evenings, weekends, and summers, right?

6 comments:

Kiley said...

Wow - good luck to you! That sounds like the pits at work - I remember my last semester teaching - I was teaching 4 different classes. It nearly killed me (being pregnant and all). Good luck with the pre-algebra class. Speaking of which - I might have some worksheets or other things that might help you. Do you want me to email those to you (be honest, though - if you don't want to look through things, I understand). Good luck on the primary program! I hope it goes well! And your little kids are so cute - keep going!

Thierry said...

Oh my goodness you DO have alot going on! I am so sorry! There is nothing worse than feeling like you dont have time for whats most important to you. Good luck with everything!!!!
Sterling looks like such a stud in the blessing pictures!!

JoykLucyb said...

Sterling is such a handsome baby! Good luck with all you have going on. I know you can do it. I remember what a great student you were in school.

blair and maisy said...

Oh Sterling is just the cutest little thing... I like the new railing too! I hope you don't get too overwhelmed with everything you've got to do. Time will fly with how busy you are.

Shara said...

I'm right there with you, it is probably the hardest thing in the world to work full time and little ones at home. But I've learned the past few years to make the most of the time you do have with them. Somehow you always get everything done, plus look at how much your improving your time management skills!

Erica said...

Sterling looks so cute in his little blessing outfit! How sweet! By the way, one of my favorite websites for primary ideas is www.sugardoodle.net. Hopefully that will help with your upcoming primary program. Good luck! :o)